Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 17: In Transit - MISSING A FLIGHT??

I started writing this before we boarded the flight from Dubai to Cape Town, and this is what I wrote:

I haven’t slept or showered since yesterday morning, and now it’s…………..6:30 am local time. It’s 4:30 am South Africa time, and 10:30 last night back home. I’m not sure which time should matter to me at the moment…. Surprisingly, I feel pretty good.

Things have changed a bit.  It's now 10:42 local time in Dubai, and we are back off the plane.  After 2 hours of waiting in the plane while they tried to fix an electrical issue (and don't get me wrong - I want them to take all the time they need!), the 'solution' is they are prepping a new plane and working on teh old one.  Whichever is ready first will be our place back to London.  Whether or not we catch the flight from London to Toronto for this evening......well, the airline projected a departure of noon, but another passenger told me that one of the staff told him that 1pm was optimistic.  If we leave at noon, we should catch the transfer.  Otherwise.....? 

Cheryl and Ron, if you're reading this, we'll keep you posted about an airport pick-up in Toronto.

On the bright side, I just got a folder back that I left on the original plane from Cape Town.  It has my Comrades bib number in it, so I'm very happy to have that back.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the heads up. i looked at the flight status, i see that you are still "in flight" to london, and that its estimated you will have 22 mins to get your flight home..... mike or i will be able to pick all of you up if you are coming in later than expected, if shaun's parents are unable to. i was planning on picking jess up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt it's Cheryl! Saw the flight changes, and we'll watch for updates on when to pick you guys up :)

    ReplyDelete