Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 5: Home is where the income is

Sometimes I don't want to come home from vacation. Sometimes I can't wait to get back.  Mixed feelings this time, as the beautiful climate and kind people made this week-end great, but I need to rein in the spending so I can afford a couple more vacations in the coming months.  Last night at the hotel, we booked train passes for Japan.  At the airport this morning, it was the flight to Los Angeles.  I don't mean to brag, but I need to go to a film premiere at the end of the month!

I am typing this on the flight back to Toronto, so I will take a gamble and prematurely call the trip home uneventful.  If things change, I suppose I can always edit this entry before I post it.  Mum - forgive me for tempting fate, please.  To appease those fate gods, do I write "knock on wood"?

I am looking forward to getting back into my patterns.  I like my life the way I live it: prolonged stretches of boring routine punctuated by moments of thrilling adventure.


Until the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment